Just remember it is best to just love them. Instead of thinking about how stressful it will be to entertain our children, over the next few weeks, ponder on how wonderful it is going to be to see their smiling faces each day. Use this time to get to know your children, talk to them more, laugh with them more, and make more memories with them.
It is best not to completely discard your normal routines! Except for sleeping in :) You want to keep up with chores, just small tasks. A messy room can completely swamp you.... I think its best to allow a time of day, set aside for this. All kids, that are able should pitch in. First thing in the morning would be idea, they are always the sweetest and have not decided what mood they will be in!! LOL- I actually bribe my kids with money to do this.
Don't forget it is summer, the main thing for me is making those memories that will last a lifetime. They don't have to cost a penny!!! With all this said, I am going to list some of the things I have planned or have done, to keep the summer as effortless as possible.
- Flying A kite
- Making Homade Ice Cream- I'm going to tell you about an amazing way to do this....
- Painting Rocks / Making a painted rock garden
- Trip to your local library
- Go see a movie- A lot of theatres offer discounts for kids during the summer
- Let the help bake cupcakes- cakes- cookies- make snacks
- They can help water your garden- What kid doesn't like to spray the water hose...
- Have a dance off
- Buy some Chinese lanterns to release